We have been providing beautiful new kitchens in Auckland, and throughout NZ, to thousands of customers, year after year. Our experienced and passionate team of kitchen designers and installers take care of the entire process from start to finish. We offer exceptional value because you benefit from our considerable purchasing power and we provide 10 year warranties on everything we instal. This is why we are New Zealand’s trusted kitchen company.
Phone: 0800 736 397
Phone: 027 324 1159
Showroom Location: 698D Great South Rd, Penrose, Auckland
New Kitchen Costs
The fantastic customisability of our kitchens mean that we can plan, design and install a new kitchen to suit any budget. Our kitchen design section below explains a little more about the choices you have and will help give an indication of how costs are calculated and what to consider when thinking about kitchen planning and design.
New Kitchen Design
From the initial stages of planning and selection, to installation and finish, the process involved in designing a new kitchen can be really exciting. Our experienced and professional team are available on the phone, in store or to meet in your home for a free consultation. We can accurately measure and manage the entire project for you, working with you every step along the way, from initial consultation and budgeting, to delivery, installation and after-care, ensuring that your kitchen project runs smoothly and efficiently.
The first step is measuring up your kitchen space and drawing an accurate floor plan, taking note of existing power outlets and pipes if any. We take care of this for you.
We offer an incredible choice of quality materials and appliances to give you freedom in planning the kitchen of your dreams.
It is important to get a clear idea of how much you can invest in your new kitchen. Once you have a rough budget in mind, our designer can work with you to develop the perfect kitchen design to suit.
It is worthwhile thinking about the amount of time you spend in the kitchen, and how much of this time is divided between cooking, socialising and eating. Then we can begin to develop the most functional, smart and enjoyable kitchen to suit your household needs. Its also really nice to consider, the added value a quality kitchen will add to your home.
From traditional, to modern, kitchens come in a wide variety of styles. Take some time to make a scrapbook of your favourite ideas, or perhaps use the Houzz web site to collect together some ideas. Getting clear what style or styles you like will really help our designer create the best kitchen for you. It will also more easily define choices of tap, lighting, cabinet doors and benchtops as well as colours and surfaces. Check out our New Kitchen Ideas section below for more on ideas, styles and designs.
Design has to both consider form as well as function. We are very experienced at kitchen design and our experience can help you avoid making mistakes. Its really useful for you to draw up your own plans and collect a scrapbook of designs you like, and then discuss these with our designer to get their input. Below are some questions it’s also helpful to consider.
- How many chefs are in the household?
- What is your style of cooking? Are you a gourmet guru, or a large family looking for speed and convenience?
- What is the main use of the kitchen? Is it an open entertainment area or somewhere to escape from household noise and whip up some quick meals?
- FOOD PREPARATION – The core function of a kitchen. Islands have become a popular choice in new kitchens for good reason. If your kitchen is large enough to accommodate an island, the food preparation zone would be great there – not only do they perform as the heart of the kitchen but they’re also great multi-taskers, and if socialising is important, islands offer a brilliant way to interact nicely with others in the room and keep open dialogue between the cook and guests.
- EATING – Although some people will want to have separate dining areas, breakfast bars have become an extremely popular addition in new kitchens, especially in open plan design, they provide for a great casual eating space and are excellent for hosting snacks and beverages.
- BENCHTOPS & BAKING – The area where ingredients and mixtures combine and come to life. This is all about calculating bench space, materials appliance positioning and storage for ingredients and items to be close to hand.
- APPLIANCES – Essential items include the oven, cooktop and fridge, often referred to as the magic triangle. Most people will want a toaster, microwave and kettle as well. It is recommended having a good sized range hood to minimise odours and steam. Its also worthwhile taking your time to think about placement of pots and pans, along with spices and utensils.
- CLEANING – This is where the sink and dishwasher come into play, as well as the storage of rubbish, recycling and composting. The dishwasher will usually be near to the sink.
- STORAGE AND ORGANISATION – An impressive choice of cabinetry, combined with new technology and creative space design means that kitchens are getting smarter about storage solutions without compromising style. Even in the most limited of areas, we can create an efficient, stylish and organised kitchen.
- LIGHTING – Lighting is often heavily overlooked in kitchen design and it’s important to get lighting right. The aim is to bring in as much natural light as possible and well position artificial lighting.
COLOURS & TEXTURES
As with styles, the colour scheme of a kitchen needs to be properly thought out and getting it right will bring a kitchen to life. Shades influence the look of your kitchen’s size: light and neutral colours make an area look bigger. Dark and bold colours make an area feel smaller. Your Dream Doors designer will be able to help you with this.
Textures add interest to kitchen surfaces and offer more contrast and appeal. For example, you may have smooth, marble tops, and carpeted cabinet doors.
It takes a few weeks for us to manufacture everything for a new kitchen, and typically only a few days to install everything, which really keeps disruption to a minimum.
If an event is coming up, or you have a specific deadline, it’s good to discuss it with Dream Doors when designing your new kitchen. This way, we can ensure that your project is completed in a timeframe that suits your needs.
New Kitchen Ideas
As you can see, planning and designing a new kitchen comes with a multitude of exciting possibilities.
Our team at is always on top of the latest ideas, styles and new kitchen technology. Our vast experience makes us a great sounding board for bouncing ideas off even if your project is still a little way off. You are more than welcome to come into our showroom and discuss ideas. You might also like to browse through our gallery to check out the latest trends and gather some inspiration!
0800 736 397